Paw Valet Pet Sitting And Dog Walking IS NOW HIRING in Most Areas of Houston / The Woodlands / Sugar Land areas.
Being a pet sitter is a part-time “as needed” job where you take care of people’s pets when they travel or work long hours. You must pass a criminal background check, be a pet owner, and have a flexible schedule. All assignments will be given to you close to your home, usually within 5 miles radius of where you live. Ideally, you’ll have other income sources and don’t feel dependent on the sporadic income of a pet sitting job since volume changes from week to week.
You must be available to do occasional visits in the mornings (usually between 6 and 9 am), evenings (usually between 6 and 9 pm) and some middays. Pet sitters don’t work every day but ideally you’ll have an open schedule for those shifts or flexibility to make yourself available when clients book with you. You will work weekends but not every weekend – only when people travel.
Independent But Still an Employee
This is a fantastic job for someone near Houston who is comfortable with managing their own schedule, doesn’t need direct supervision, LOVES animals, and has time to do morning, evening and midday visits when they come up. We don’t accept assignments with aggressive or ill animals. You are an employee of the company, so you are covered by the company’s insurance policy and are bonded. Although we take income and FICA taxes out of your paycheck, you can deduct mileage and “home office” expenses against your taxable income.
We offer the following services to the pet owners:
- Feed & water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication, including being able or willing to learn to administer injections.
- Exercise, playtime & brushing
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional pet mess.
- Scooping & changing the litter box
- Dog walks (rain or shine)
- Pet transport to and from veterinarian or groomer
- Pick up mail, newspapers, fliers & packages
- Alternate lights & blinds, check on overall security of home
Freedom and Flexibility
The size of our company allows us to always offer a backup if you have a personal emergency or are planning to take time off. We guarantee that you won’t lose “your” clients when you return unless a customer is unhappy with you. We monitor your schedule and help you keep track of your work on our web-based calendar that you access from your phone or computer.
This is a positive, self-managed work environment, and we hire individuals with a positive outlook who love animals. Reliability and communication are the key requirements.
Being available to work most major holidays is also a requirement. We don’t hire seasonal help. We grow after each busy holiday, and retaining long-term employees who establish relationships with our clients and their pet is our business model.
How The Process Works:
- We are a pet sitting company. Most of our customers have dogs and cats, usually no serious medical needs, and no major behavioral problems. In most instances, they have used a pet sitter before, they are comfortable with leaving their pets in someone’s care, and they want to make sure their pets are happy and healthy while under someone else’s care. Our pet sitters go and meet with clients before committing to the assignments, making sure they are comfortable with pets and their routines.
- We’ve been in business since 2003, and we now have over 200 employees servicing over 7000 pet owners in the Dallas Fort Worth and Houston areas.
- This job is part time, as needed, and is very flexible.
- Once a pet owner contacts us, we first ask the closest pet sitter on the map if they are interested. If they are not available, we just move on to the second closest pet sitter. We assign all jobs within 5 miles from where the pet sitters live.
- Once you are interested and available to take a client, you go and meet with the client, get acquainted with the routine and pets, and get their key. You become that client’s primary pet sitter. If they travel again in the future, you will be notified and you’ll be pet sitting them again if you are available. If you need a backup, we’ll have you drop off all keys with a backup pet sitter, they will take care of your clients, and then you get all your clients’ keys back once you return and are ready to pet sit again.
- Our schedule is managed on a web based calendar where you log in, view clients’ info, and review your upcoming schedule which has already been communicated with you either by phone or text. As you pet sit, you check visits off as completed – that’s how we know everything is going well.
- You submit your timesheets twice a month and get paid twice a month based on how many visits you completed during each pay period.
- You get paid for client meetings, key pickup/drop off trips, and whether we collect the payment from the client or not.
- You are covered by our company’s liability insurance.
- This is an employee position. We deduct taxes from your paychecks and pay your Social Security and Medicare taxes for you, and we provide you with a W2 form at the end of the year.
Please submit your application if you feel you qualify for this position. Once we have openings, we go through our online applications and contact those individuals who live in the areas of Houston we are hiring for. We are looking forward to meeting with you and discussing this job in detail via a phone interview!